vibration monitoring and control

minzaw

Are thre a possible way to make machine vibration monitoring and control with PLC?
Pls help me.
which sensors, and PLC are suitable for that.

minzawaung said:
May I have ladder or logic of the control system, Mr. Gerry?

I know you don't intend to be rude, so I will offer some advice: When you are asking a professional to do your work for you, it seems appropriate to me that you offer to send him your paycheck as well.

On a technical basis, you can accomplish this task with the hardware and software, assuming you have the appropriate I/O modules. If you select vibration switches, all you need is discrete inputs to the PLC. You have to decide the appropriate action and write the appropriate prgram logic to accomplish this.

If you use vibration transmitters, you need analog inputs in the PLC. Most vibration transmitters have 4-20 mA outputs. You then use comparison statements in the logic to compare the actual vibration to your set maximum limit, set internal coils (or bits) to indicate the alarm has occurred, and then take the appropriate action.

This kind of depends on what the OP means by 'vibration control.

If he/she wants to do active vibration detection and damping you won't do that in a PLC with normal machines. Bridges and buildings, maybe. Machines, no.

If he/she simply wants to detect a level then speed up / slow down / stop on a specific level, its possible.

As for direct sensor interface, be careful with frequency. If your vibration frequency is twice the total analog input update time you have no hope of accurately detecting the vibration level. Most likely separate interface electronics will be required. This may be as simple as a couple of diodes, a few resistors and a capaciter or as complicated as a free-standing vibration analysis device.

Keith

In fact it depends on what we expect from monitoring ,
this configuration can be suitable if we're only interested in the vibration global level .For further analysis and for an advanced monitoring we have to use some specific modules (XM modules for instance from Allen Bradley)that perform Fast Fourier Transformation of the signal that can be later (or in real time)exploited with some software tools and thus allowning to getting some detailed results about the machine health status.

Thank you all
Your advice are so precious for me.

sorry, I made two accounts. I did it accidently.

I am not a profession at PLC. I am only a student. I want to make a paper for my school.

Now I have so many data. But I have very little knowledge. I just studying hard.

If I made something rude to you, I say very sorry.

As my English is very poor, there may be misunderstanding.

Mr. Tom Jenkins, thank for you advice.

I want to say again thank you to all.

Ok, I will try to do that.

If you don't mind, pls give me a little example for that.

Now I just studying from siemen site how to make plc programing.

the vibration limits of the machine I want to monitor is 2.4 mm/s alarm set point and 12.4 mm/s trip circuit. I choose this sensor 0-25.4 mm/s vibration limit. Is it suitable for the operation.

Pls I really need help.

The sensor should work.

You need to do the following:

Make a point list including each I/O point, the signal level, a description of the signal, engineering units for analog signals, the I/O card connected, and the PLC I/O address associated

Write a text description of each function the logic must perform, in the sequence it must be performed. Use a flow chart if you are more comfortable with that format.

Make a list of any operator adjustments and any alarm outputs and alarm functions.

Begin writing the ladder logic, starting with the simpler functions and adding new ones as you gain expertise