BoSChoW

Hi everyone,
I was trying to make a menu in ProTool which consists of STEPs, written like:

STEP01
STEP02
STEP03
STEP04
STEP32

with the arrow you select STEP07 and confirm it with the ENTER bottom that openes another menu that consists of INPUTS AND OUTPUTS. How do i make those STEPs accessible by useing the arrows and the ENTER botton?

Thanks for your time and help.

Are you asking about creating a drop down menu? If so, the tool is the Combo Box (ProTool help calls it a List Box). Create a Text List with all your step numbers and use that in your Combo Box. The box will put the selected index value in the Index Tag. In your logic (HMI script or PLC) when your Enter Key is touched, then you can move the index value into what ever you have controlling the inputs and outputs menu.

Or do you mean you want a list of your steps on the panel with up and down arrow keys next to the list? If so, let the arrow keys increment and decrement an index value. Use that value in each of the Text Field Attributes of your Steps to highlight the right one. The logic for then displaying your inputs and outputs would be the same.

I am makeing test device with a PLC station S7-300 CPU313C and an operating panel OP7. And i want that a user can use the I/O at his own will. So in the OP7 the user will select the STEP from 1 to 32 and the used I/O. Then send the configuration to the PLC and the mechanical device is ready for testing.

I was thinking to make a list of all STEPS and then with the arrows and the ENTER key the user will select the STEP that he want to program or configure. When he is placed on the STEP that needs modifications he press ENTER and a new menu is opened. With the function keys F2 in F3 he will be albe to choose between the INPUTS or the OUTOUTS. If he chooses the inputs then a list will be displayed with 17 inputs. Also withe the arrows he will choose an input and change the value from 0 to 1. In the same way he will configure the OUTPUTS.

Oh, you are using an OP7 text panel. When I posted my suggestion, I assumed a touch panel. Sorry, I have no experience with the OP7. Maybe someone else has some helpful ideas.