AB ML1500/NET-ENI & Parker GT6K Servo

PCSControlS

Has anyone connected a ML1500/1761-NET-ENI to a Parker GT6K servo controller via the Ethernet port. The Servo doc says this will work using a SLC 5/05 and I can't see why it won't to a ML1500. I talked to AB support and they say the capabilities of the ML/SLC are the same. The Parker support doesn't have any doc on how to setup the PLC end. I'm looking for clues as to how to configure the PLC end or if this is possible.

Thanks

RB

Does Parker provide any online documentation regarding the message format or protocol specifics ?

One difference between the SLC-5/05 and the 1761-NET-ENI is that the SLC also supports the older, proprietary "CSPv4" Ethernet messaging protocol, as well as the newer EtherNet/IP encapsulation protocol.

Does Parker also claim compatibility with ControlLogix on EtherNet/IP ?

Unfortunately no one at Parker was able to tell me what protocol was/is used to talk. They only state that it will work with the SLC 5/05. AB support thought if it worked with the SLC it should work with the ML1500/NET-ENI. I hate to waste alot of time if it is using a protocol that is not supported.