RSMACC Contacts

russrmartin

I created a post about 3 days ago checking mentioning that one of my current projects is the installation of RSMACC at our site. I didn't get any responses as to anybody sharing their RSLinx configuration standard. This post is basically just a call out to anyone who has RSMACC. Just trying to make some contacts about the system. I'd like to get some input as far as likes, dislikes, wishes as to what they would have done differently if setting the system up again. Anyone who has anything to say, feel free to weigh in. Thanks.

Russ

We installed RSMACC a year ago...AB was hired to configure the system. After it was installed, we dropped the ball...
We just got things going again...AB was hired to come back and train everyone again.
I am not quite sure whaqt you are getting at, as far as a standard configuration, since it took a few AB guys a week to configure and install the system on the server.
Currently we meet on a weekly basis, as we try to resolve PLC issues. Our most recent goal is to eliminate all the emails that are issued when something does not work correctly when RSMACC checks the PLC.
After these issues are resolved, we will have AB return and train a System Administrator so he can learn how to manage RSMACC on a daily basis.
Our experience is that RSMACC requires a certain amount of Administrator duties. Someone has to take on that responsibilty if the system is going to work.

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the response. In our istallation I will be assuming the duties as the administrator. I'm just looking for someone like you who can give me a heads up to watch out for this, or advice on functions that are great, annoying, etc. Basically, I haven't even really gotten started on this, and was just looking to get some thoughts on what people would do the same or differently with their system. Thanks again.

Russ

Im am currently working on a RSMACC system for a customer. It is pretty in depth software. Lots of things went wrong, but one important thing is to have 2 server computer with windows server 2003. With one being the domain controller, and the other have the RSMACC server, along with SQL server SP3A. The customer Im doing it for only wants the change managment software, so I didnt have to mess with the other packages. Good luck though.

Backup server or Laptops

I have just started devoting some time to this. I am working on the Change Management Excel sheet at the moment. On the devices checklist tab, at the bottom it asks for the RSLinx Driver Configuration. I'm just curios as to what they need, or what should be put in under the configuration details section.

Also, with your experience, what would you recommend, a redundant server as DBL99 suggests, or a set of laptops with all archived files kept on them in case of server troubles? The rep from rockwell suggested the laptop idea. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Russ