Square D 'Unity' language.. anyone familiar with this?

Russ

Lifetime Supporting Member
At first I thought it was the esoteric programming language 'Unity'.... but... alas.. they were actually talking about a square D plc.. hahaha..
How does this compare to an Allen Bradley slc or plc logix 500/5?

Interested in getting a feel for this...

Unity is Schneider Electric's Telemecanique brand of IEC programming software. It is marketed in the United States by their Square D operating division.

It would have much more in common with ControlLogix than the SLC/PLC offerings

Jim is bsolutely right.
Telemecanique is the brand for IC products worldwide (excep in North America where Square D reains more popular for UL reasons and habits).

Withi Telemecanique, the PLC are under the Modicon range and the softaare to program them are under the Unity name? If you want to maje a comparison, Rockwell is like Schneider, Allen Bradley is like Telemecanique (or Square D , depends which part of the world), Logix are like Modicon and RS software are like Unity

Is it more clear ?