Omron CS1G-CPU43H

Connecting to CS1 processor

If you mean connecting a PC/laptop to the processor, you need the Omron cable CS1W-CN226. It connects the rs232 port to the periperhal port.

gtsuport this is the ADI panel that needs to be complete by the 30th Buttons336 is working on it. so we appreciate any help you or anyone of the guys can give

:)....

Hi, Can u explain a bit more , cause these days I'm working on the same type of PLC , and i Guess i can help u ,... For now u can try following....

Get your setting done for Peripheral Port done... go online using host link.... then change setting for to what you are using ,and download the changed setting in the PLC... lets see.....

:sleep: ....its time for me to go to sleep....lets what we have for Tomorrow....

Make sure the device type is set correctly, CS1-H, click button on right and set the cpu type.

Network type "default" for the peripheral port would be Toolbus. Click the button on the right and make sure the correct comm port is set.

Also make sure the port is NOT in use by something, examples are AB software tends to grab the port even if it is not running. palm hot sync manager etc.

Let us know if you are still having problems.

Unfortunately, I do not have the software here (at home). I will have to post tomorrow from the office.

Is this a new plc, or something that has been in service? Can you connect to the RS232 port on the processor? I know you want to use the peripheral port, but we may be able to connect to the RS232 port, download the settings and verify the setup for the peripheral port.

Do you have a "real" serial port on the computer or are you using a usb serial converter? Some of these do not work reliably.

Dip Switch 4 on the cpu should be set to OFF. This will force the peripheral port to the default parameters, Toolbus, 9600, 7 data bits, Even parity, 2 stop bits.

Let me know if this helps. I will post details tomorrow if you need it.

Now I AM gettin the error Port is used by another application
This could well be the case,
what other applications do you use Comm port 1 (?) for. AB programming where RSlogix is notorious for pinching the port, or anoother applicaiotn such as a PDA which uses the port for synchronisation etc....

Check them and shut them down before trying to connect through the programming software.

You are using cx-programmrer arn't you and if so what version, just curious.

Buttons336,

Open the Change PLC box by double clicking on the PLC symbol under the project name in the left hand frame of CX-Programmer.

Click in the box under Device Type, then choose CS1G-H from the list of plc's. It MUST be that choice only! Now click the Settings button on the right and choose CPU42, then click OK.

Now set the Network Type. Per yesterday, lets set Dip Switch 4 to OFF, and cycle power on the plc to read the dip switch. Now click in the box and set the network type to Toolbus. Click the Setting button. On the Network tab, make sure the Host link Number at the bottom is 0 (zero). Now click the Driver tab and set the Comm port, baud rate, and comm parameters as required (9600 baud, 7 data, 2 stop, Even parity). Make sure to click OK to close this box, then OK again at the Change PLC box.

You should now to able to go on-line. Let us know if you are still having problems.

Hi there,

I guess its not that tough going online with this type of PLC, its quite simple , for the time being im using a CS1G CPU 45H

Make sure all the dip switches on the CPU are in OFF position.
1) First of all, creat a new project...
2) In the Change PLC Dialog Box select Device Type As--> CS1G-H 3) Device Type settings select the CPU type
4) In the Network Type select -->SYSMAC WAY
5) For the sysmac way settings let the network tab as default click on the Driver tab---> make sure the setting are Port Name: The Port you are using on your PC(Com1/Com2/Com3..anyone u are using), Baud Rate: let it be 9600 (for the time being , we will increase it later for faster communication) Data Bits: 7, Parity Even, Stop Bit:2

thats all click OK ...OK to change PLC dialog box....

Now the final step..... click go online icon and you are sure to get that .....

These steps must be followed when you are going online for the first time , that is if u haven't changed the default settings of the PLC .
If above does not work , ""by the way u haven't given us the configuration you are using , i mean is there any type of ethernet module or something ....i mean i could have helped u more if u have given the configuration details"" anyways , lets hope u get on line , now while online u have to click the setting icon in the left hand side of the window there you will find PLC Settings now click the Host Link Port tab.... in the communication setting select Custom change the baud rate to any thing in drop down list , let the format be 7,2,E...rest everything is OK....now click the Peripheral Port Tab do the same setting for this port also..... close this box....transfer the program+settings...everything to the PLC and after doing that u will get offline ...by getting the message communication error..... now get offline by clicking the online icon...Get the change PLC dialog box.......for SYSMAC WAY setting ...change the Baud Rate to the one you have just changed ...save everything ,....go online with higher speed now.....
....I guess thats all.... but if u still not able to go online , just give the details of the configuration, and all the dip switch settings...... one thing i forgot to say is if u still get the port error that the port is used by another application ,...try to reboot the system...or by any chance are u using ...FinsGateway things???...if u are using FinsGateway ,then try to stop the SerialUnit in FinsGateway Service Control Manager....if u are not using anything like this ..then its ok...... so all the best....

:sick:......

Let us us all know wat happened ........

Arvind

Last edited: