Siemens Step7 Project Error

infineum

When I create a project in Step 7, I get an error when I open the project. The error states "the project contains errors in the internal data structure". The help screen provides this information "S7tgtopx.exe: Internal error
during saving (action 'New user project ') of the data
of server 'p7spomax.dll'." The help states to perform a "save as". I have done this and continue to get this error. I have reloaded Step 7 and upgraded to the latest service pack but still get the error. I am using Step7 V5.3 SP3. Any ideas. Thanks.

I followed your suggestion. I then get another error pertaining to file siprom.lck. I forwarded this issue to Siemens support. Hopefully they will have some suggestions. Thanks.

Follow-up

Just as a follow up to my post.....

The problem turned out to be an installation of an old version of PDM. I installed version 5.0 (I do not have a later version). When I uninstalled this program, my problem went away. The hint was the Siprom file fault when I performed a "Save as" with reorganization.