Unitronics DDE server to RSView ME (PC)

Hundikoer

Hi guys

Customer ordered me 2 years ago system that includes CompactLogix and RSView ME (PC). It works fine. During the 2 year period they ordered some equipement form other SI. The reason why they did not bought it from me is that they are very price sensitive and I am quite selective what concernes customers. Anyway, they ordered Unitronics PLC.
Now they want to see few values from Unitronics PLC in the screen of their RSView ME. Can RSView read from Unitronics DDE server and what is needed for that?

I just want to know different solutions before I will tell them anything.

Best Regards
Lauri

Short, sad answer; ME doesn't support DDE. You'll need to find a CE-compatible OPC server for the Unitronics equipment.

Similar Topics

I have a nice project in Visilogic that I have been asked to re-create in Tiaportal/Siemens. (Bosses / maintenance want to standardise on one...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm gonna try to make this as clear as possible. For a project, we have 3 Unitronics PLC's controlling each a machine. The company that...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a customer that has a V530 that the screen died on him. He has asked me to come out and pull the old program out of the bad...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just started on Unitronics PLC's. I cant get the HMI and PLC to communicate. I am getting an error unable to connect to VNC server on...
Replies
Views
Hi ! i need to connect 2 plcs . S5 Siemens to > Unisream of unitronics . my idea is to do RS232 by the I/O . Meaning to use 1 output from the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom