OMRON-C200HS -Search function

GanShan

Hi
Am having OMRON c200HS cpu 21 PLC , I ve created a a library of DM which contains
Differnet type of products to run . these types are Character strings (WSH67RTY_X) every string take about 10 Data memory(DM1000-Dm1009).
I ve selected one type using a bit switch through touch screen.Now I use barcode scanner to scan the type name and stored in a separate DM.

Now I wouldlike to Compare the Scanned type name and the selected type name .
Is there any special instructions to use .....

CMP just compare 1 Dm only ...?
Among 50 types how to bring out the selected data memory.

Can any members can help

As IO rack stated, have a look at the tutorial he posted.

Do you understand the concept of pointers and indirect addressing? If so, with a little bit of reading, you should able to interpret the example, and implement it in your application.

If not, do some searches on this site, on indirect and pointers etc, and then come back with your questions.

thanks all
i ve stored my data starting from DM2000, in a 10 nos interval , so i whenevr a bit activated i just add 2000 and multiply 10 to get the corresponding datamemory ..

I ve another question , how can i use the PLC clock in my program,
i wanted to turn on some output on some particular day and month of the year .. how can i tap from plc clock ? pls advise