RSView32 Graphics Application

I am running an RsView 32 application and am encountering a graphical problem. Not sure if this is the correct place to look for this kind of help but I dont know anywhere else to look.
In my application, I need pop up graphics: that is small display windows that display (pop-up on command)on top of the existing "main" graphical display window.
However, no matter how i configure the "pop up" display window settings, once the "main" graphical display window is maximized, the pop up window will also be maximized and overlay the entire main graphical display window.
If the main window is not fully maximized, then the pop up displays at the desired size.
I want to have the main window maxamized and the pop be the small desired size.
Any ideas anyone
Thanks

In the properties for the screen that you just want to "pop up" you can set the pixel size to be fixed and not allow maximize to work.

LJBMatt said:
In the properties for the screen that you just want to "pop up" you can set the pixel size to be fixed and not allow maximize to work.
I set the pixel size as fixed but this didnt work. That is why this is confusing me. There is also a selection that allows the pop up window to be resized and a selection that allows the pop up to be maximized and both are unchecked. Thanks for the posts though.

Right click on the screen and click on "display settings". In the properties window, (this is for the pop-up screen) make sure that in "display type" 'on top' is marked. (sounds like you have overlay and keep in back selected). Also make sure specify size in pixels is marked and make it your desired size.

Last edited:
I tried those things but no luck. Is it possible that the program has a bug and is not operating as it should or is this highly unlikely. Will a re-install help at all if this is the case.

Well I would wait before I start uninstalling the software. Why don't we try this...
Tell me this, are you clicking on a button to display the pop-up screen or are you using an event to pop up the screen? Example if an alarm occurs do you want a screen to pop-up? Are you using any events or macros in RSView?

I would say it is unlikely that there is a bug in the software, and more a problem with the program somewhere.

You can turn off the maximize button for all the windows (screens). That will work, but you will have to specify pixel size for every screen.

I have had this problem occasionally, but it only happens in 'test' mode. Does it still happen when you are in a true 'run' mode?

cntrlfrk's got the answer. If you Test Run a maximized graphic and initiate a Display command then the next screen is maximized whatever the other settings are.

If you want to see how your screens will act without actually running your project you can go to the Runtime tab of the Project manager, select the graphic from there and either D-click or R-Click---Run and then the pop-ups will size correctly. Alternatively just make sure that the "first" graphic isn't maximised, but this will mean that your pop-ups won't appear in exactly the right place even if they are the right size.