Siemens Logo

pele1968

Hello everyone, I am trying to program a Siemens Logo via the keypad & am having difficulty understanding the format... (boolean I believe?) Is there a way to change the programming to ladder logic like the Moeller EASY has? I do not have the programming cable otherwise I would use the Seimens software & do it that way...
Thanks in advance, Jeff

pele1968 said:
Hello everyone, I am trying to program a Siemens Logo via the keypad & am having difficulty understanding the format... (boolean I believe?) Is there a way to change the programming to ladder logic like the Moeller EASY has? I do not have the programming cable otherwise I would use the Seimens software & do it that way...
Thanks in advance, Jeff

Hello Jeff,

If you want to change the format of programming in LAD you will need the Siemens LOGO Software, I`ll done some project with it.The mode of programing of logo is in FBD ( Function Block Diagram )which is via keypad. (y)

I`ll suggest that you buy Siemens Logo Software to your local siemens dealer. If you like you can download a free demo of it in siemens site.

Regards,

Sherwin

I've tried programming the logo using the keypad.
It's OK for simple programs, but when it gets too big I get lost.
I prefer ladder as well but have been told that once you get your head around FBD it is easier.

Daryl

I suggest you download the free demo from siemens website. The latest version supports ladder and FBD, you could program in ladder and use the software to convert LAD to FBD. Take a print and then feed the program using the key pad.

NOt the easiet way but i have done this a couple of times for long programs....

They sell a logo starter kit that has the software and cable with plc. It is a real pain to use the keypad to program, much easier to use pc.