opc server and plcsim

Hi,

Actually I was trying to connect S7-PLCsim with KEPserverEx. I found out way to connect S7-200 with KEPserverEx but I'm still searching for way to connect S7-PLCsim with KEPserverEx.

Thanx.

It allways help to specify exactly what you need to have answered.

The answer is still "no" though.
S7-PLCSIM does not support communication functions. S7-PLCSIM only works in connection with STEP7, Protool RT, Win CC RT or Win CC Flex RT.

I know that it is possible to communicate between Visual Basic and S7-PLCSIM. It had certain limits but I can't remember the details.
Maybe you can write some sort of buffer programm between PLCSIM and your OPC server?
I can send you an example program if you want.

Edit: It appears that the OCX I use is only capable of reading outputs and writing inputs. Or in other words it can only be usefull as a simulation tool.

Last edited:
OK I've noticed that communication between EMU500 and RSview works, but I can't read EMUs inputs and outputs via Rsview. I can issue commands in RSview and EMU500 accepts them, but RSview doesn’t displays states of input and outpust. Is there a way to overcome that?

Jobbe said:
I know that it is possible to communicate between Visual Basic and S7-PLCSIM. It had certain limits but I can't remember the details.
Maybe you can write some sort of buffer programm between PLCSIM and your OPC server?
I can send you an example program if you want.

Edit: It appears that the OCX I use is only capable of reading outputs and writing inputs. Or in other words it can only be usefull as a simulation tool.
Hi Jobbe,
what OCX is that ?

JesperMP said:
Hi Jobbe,
what OCX is that ?

I found the OCX again and it appears to be an original one from Siemens so it must be included in the PLC-sim or Simatic manager software. The file is named "S7WSPSMX.OCX" and is located in the folder "C:\Program Files\Siemens\Plcsim\S7WSI" (and "C:\Program Files\Siemens\Plcsim\S7MANUAL\S7WSI" for the manual)

Greetz