How to write an OPC Server

automan

I have recently finished a project about connecting WinCC to and old DCS (TDC3000). In this project I implemented a DDE SERVER. In my new project I should connect a Japanese PLC to WinCC but I don't want to use DDE technology anymore. Does anybody here have idea how I could implement an OPC Server.
Helps would be really appreciated

Last edited:
OPC defines client - server connectivity. There has to be a client (WinCC) for your server (Japanese PLC).

Does WinCC offer an OPC client option? Presumably so.

Then you need an OPC server to handle the Japanese PLC end. If you are not writing/coding an OPC server, then you can buy an OPC server from firms like Kepware or Matrikon for a huge variety of devices, or apparently, softwaretoolbox.

Dan