SLC and Siemens

OKanada

Hey all,

I'm having a problem while online with RSLogix500. When editing a rung and then testing and assembling it, I get a test fail pop up window. It will pop up a couple of times and then without changing anything it will pass. Sometimes I also get booted offline when trying to assemble edits. I've also got S7 ver.5.3 and WinCC flex 2005 on my computer but have stopped all services that I think are geared for seimens and am still having problems with RSLogix. Has anyone had any of these problems with any other Rockwell products when Siemens stuff is on the same computer? I've been having nothing but problems since installing all the Siemens stuff.

I know a lot of people who run both together and have no problems...

I use VMWare for seperate installations of vendor specific software which IMO clears up any conflicts that may or may not occur. I can also keep a backup on dvd of all my Virtual Machine in case things go tits up on my laptop!

How are you connected to the processor? Is there a lot of traffic or possibly some other problem like noise or a faulty cable?

On DH+ this has happened to me when there's too much traffic or a noisy blue hose somehwere. Another possible cause: another terminal on the network connected to the same processor.