5/03 to DH+

Thanks for the replies.

I would have replaced the processor, but there's a panelview on the 485 port, so not really a quick / cheap option, but it would make a good project and I agree that it would be best to put in a 5/04, the machine is only 3 years old, and someone allowed the SI to use a 5/03, and now they want it networking it's now my job.

I'll have a look at the link.

Sparky

sparky64 said:
Thanks Ken, i'll look into that.

Regards
Sparky

Its real easy sparky, just use the dh+ on the 5/04 for whatever you need and configure channel 1 to dh485 set the node and baud and away you go! For going online now you have lost the df1 you can either use a pcmk card in your laptop or if you used an AIC+ to connect to the dh485 then you can go online there with the cp3 cable connected to the 9way plug on the AIC+. The cable that goes to the 5/04 is from the mini style connector, cant remember the ab part number but i have one at work if you need the number.

Thanks for all the replies.

I had a look yesterday at configuring the 232 port to 485 and it looks real easy, as soon as production give me a slot in the schedule, i'll swap the processor and set the channel up to 485.

We already use a pcmk card in the laptop for comms, so now this machine will fit in with the site standard.

thanks again
Sparky

Back
Top Bottom