5/05 ethernet to rs232 5/03 or microlgix??

77blackhj45

G'day guys! Sorry if I'm wasting your time and bandwith but my instructor thinks I'm to far infront of the class so he has given me a little project to slow me up a bit.

I have access to 5/05's, 5/03's and some MicroLogix PLC's so he wants me to see if I can hook up one of the lesser PLC's to the 5/05 by the Rs232 channel and communicate with it through the Ethernet of the 5/05.

I think I am supposed to be able to download, run and monitor a program on say the 5/03 using a computer that is connected to the 5/05 via the network. Is this actually possible? I haven't been able to find any answers by searching this site or the internet. Thanks for your help.

Thanks heaps for your help mate! There's plenty there so I will look at over the next few days. After a quick viewing it looks like the point in the right direction I was after.

Cheers, You are a legend.
Thanks, Richard.