Economy 101

MCMOORE41

I just wondering how everybody’s business is holding up. I just got of the phone with one of customer, who stated to me “ call him back after we’re done with Iraq “ I know that several of my bigger customers have put holds their projects and many more are asking for better pricing. This funk is just killing me!

Aw, Heck!

Don't worry about it! It's just a shifting of American Political interests towards Energy and the Military-Industrial Complex!

Mc'41,
Have you considered getting into PLC Controlled Missiles?

I have a faith-based feeling that everthing will be just fine!

Go, Georgie, Go!
Go, Georgie, Go!
Go, Georgie, Go!

Say... I wonder what happened to that Trillion-Dollar Surplus?

Same here in Finland, regular casoline cost 4.698453374 $/Gallon and nothing is happening. Everybody are waiting what will happend in Iraq. How much casoline cost in US and how much it shall cost ? Everything else here are very expensive but el./automate design and PLC programming is very cheap.

Things around here are very slow. We seem to be having more quality quotes, lately. I don't feel too bad, quite a few of our competitors are Chapter 7 (out of business).

Ecom

Seppo, gas is runnung around a 1.40-1.45 per gallon of unleaded. I actually have some customer in the oil field equipment business that are waiting for Saddam to set his oil fields on fire.The big push right now is Homeland security projects.In general, Petro/Chem/Gas Industries are in holding pattern down here in Houston.Some are saying; "hang tough until 2004"

My market segment, sewage treatment, is actually doing very well. As long as people eat, there will ultimately be a need for my services. It also doesn't hurt that these are long term projects, and the funding was allocated before the bubble burst!

The trend here in the Southern California area and Mexico seems to be heading in the "retro-fit" area as opposed to new control and machines. Companies here still want to improve thier process' but of course want to spend a lot less money.

Chris

Record Breaking January but...

I agree that retrofits have saved the day. Our bigger OEM customers with machine shops have been hit very hard whereas smaller integrator without the overhead of idle machine shops have done quite well.

I bought gas for $1.21 last week. I visited Michigan and was paying $1.50.

Ripped off

Yes, you are. Dont you have a law over that that states the gas tax must go up by inflation every year, plus a little bit more. Now thats just nuts. Designed to slowly choke people off.

Our buisness has been very slow for the last 18 months, but in the last 5 weeks our quoting activity has gone up significantly, and ever produced a few new lines (all with HMI and SCADA too!). I hope its just not a bubble tho.

As far as Iraq goes, I just want it to be over, one way or another.

Yes

BP makes gas there. BP makes gas here. It is all the same. I don't think anyone buys the crude for significanlty different prices or can refine it much cheaper than anyone else. Difference is TAXES, government regulations and getting it to user! You even have the oil right off your coast and we must have ours piped! Go figure. Maybe you shouldn't. It will only make you :angr:

Goody said:
Thats about $5.00 a gallon

I guess that explains why all the cops drive those little golf cart cars over there that you see on all those "The Worst Drivers in the World" shows.

That and I think the streets are a lot narrower.

Try driving a Detroit V8 through there.....