RSView32 ME

dpancipanci

Hi,
I would like to ask some help of our RSview32 ME application. The problem is that the computer CPU where RSview32 installed always hang-up and you need to restart the computer inorder to access the application. The computer is connected with PLC5/11 and with versaview monitor.

Thanks,
Dante

Dante:

We would be willing to help, but there are some additional questions that need to be answered:

1. Please clarify if you are using "RSView32" or "RSView ME." There is a big difference between the two programs.

2. What version of RSView are you running?

3. What network are you using to communicate between the PLC and RSView? With a PLC 5/11, I'm guessing it's most likely DH+ or RIO.

4. Had the system been working correctly in the past? If yes, what changes have been made recently?

There may be other questions as we go along.

Regards,
Rick

Hmm...At first glance, it doesn't necessarily sound like a software issue (but let's not rule that out altogether)...

When you say the system "locks up," are you getting any errors when you try to access RSView? Or is it simply a case that you can't do anything and you have to restart the computer.

When you restart, can you then access RSView32? If yes, how long does it take before it locks again?

Finally, have you looked at the Windows Event Viewer to see if there are any OS errors when the system locks up? That could provide a clue to what's happening...

Rick

What Operating System?
What do you mean by 'Hanging' ?
Have you checked the event logs?
Do other appliacations still run?
Can you use taskmanager to switch to another task? or Kill View32?
Is there a UPS?
Is it's battery good?
What model VersaView?
What is the Ambient temperature? (VersaView's do NOT like heat... Hard drives fail all the time if hot).
What version of RSLinx?

to Rick:
Yes, when it locks up no error display, you can't do anything or switch to another window. When computer restart the RSview32 application is ruuning Ok.

to rdrast,
we replaced UPS battery, Versaview2000M ser B Ver B,rslinx version 2.41, computer was located inside the room 18 Deg Cent & versaview mounted outside with temperature 36 Deg cent.

Thanks,
Dante

Do you have any data logging going on? How much room is left on the hard drive? Just one more thing to check for....