siemens wincc flex

Fortran77

I am beginning a new project using siemens equipment which is somewhat foriegn to me. Can someone make sure I am on the right track. from what I have read, I will programm all my logic with step t using a 300 series CPU and I/O's I can then interface this logic with a Siemens 670 PC panel which should be devloped from a visual context using either WinnCC or Wincc Flex. If this is correct it seems logical to load both WinCC and step seven onto the 670 panel where the logic can be developed and also the Wincc HMI. Is this correct??
Fortran77

You can install everything on one PC if you want to.
Maybe a panel PC is not the most comfortable unit to do your development on.

You could consider to install STEP7 + Win CC Flexible Engineering software on a regular PC. Keep in mind that the Win CC Flexible Engineering software requires at least 1 GB RAM and a not too slow CPU.

On the panel PC you could then install only the Win CC Flexible Runtime software. Win CC Flexible Runtime software can run on even a small PC with limited specifications.

Hi, you are on right way ;-)
Just keep in mind that:
1. SIMATIC STEP 7 is a set of native applications.
2. WinCC flexible is a .NET application.
3. STEP 7 and WinCC are using a different SQL servers to store their projects.
Concerning this points, if you want to make integrated projects, you need a fastest engineering PC with 1 GB RAM, fast processor (3 GHz) and very fast hard disk.
It is recommended also to have the latest versions - SIMATIC STEP7 5.4 and WinCC flexible 2005 SP1.