Physical Output controller by two elements

plcnovel

Hi
I am using SLC 5/04, the question is , can i control my physical output channel with two data elements with different conditions set. For example, i want to control output O:12.0 with N7:x in SCP instruction when condition 'A' is met and If 'A' condition is false and 'B' condition is true then i would like to control O:12.0 with N7:y in SCP instruction? Is it logically correct? It makes sense as long as two of these outputs are not going at the same time to the physical address? Needs experts opinions? Thanks

Yes, just use a internal bit to set the conditions. Don't use the output O:12/0 on 2 different rungs, but use the internals to enable the output.

Mark Buskell said:
Yes, just use a internal bit to set the conditions. Don't use the output O:12/0 on 2 different rungs, but use the internals to enable the output.

Actually, the output is a word output (ie, analog), O:12.0, not the bit output O:12/0 and is being written to by a SCP instruction as opposed to an OTE function. Therefore it is perfectly legitimate to reference the output word in more than one place without danger of overwriting the desired result.

Yes, you can do something like this.

A B
---] [--]/[---------+--SCP---------+-
| Input N7:0|
| Input Min |
| Input Max |
| Scaled Min |
| Scaled Max |
| Output O:12.0|
+--------------+
B A
---] [--]/[---------+--SCP---------+-
| Input N7:1|
| Input Min |
| Input Max |
| Scaled Min |
| Scaled Max |
| Output O:12.0|
+--------------+
A B
-+-]/[--]/[--+------+--CLR---------+-
| | | |
| | | Dest O:12.0|
| A B | +--------------+
+-] [--] [--+

What do you want to do if both A and B are both false or true at the same time? You may need some logic similar to the third rung to handle that.

Last edited:
Alaric said:
Don't worry, I've lost count of the number of times I've misread the . and the / myself.

Thanks a lot guys, i just need to control this output from two different places, because the way system works, it waits for some time to act on the output, i want to force this output during that wait condition should cricticl condition arise(Condition A or B). Hope it helps