dl30 and/or 2706-np1 software

drewcrew6

Okay I've tried a web search and an allen bradley search but to no avail.

This may rattle the cobwebs for some, very dated technology I believe.

Does anyone have info or links that can help me out with the info on the software ,is it possible to upload existing app, pinouts for downloading etc. Anything will help!!

Thanks
Drewcrew6

we have a dl40 on our stuff at work. never got software but on the ab site is a pdf on using a standard keyboard to edit the data in the system. unfortunately it assumes you already know what is there. the software is available for about $120.00 www.ab.com/manuals/eoi/ this should get you started

Thanks Rsdoran and Harry I found them as well but they appear to be quite different from the 30. I already have access to the software that is needed but I haven't been able to locate the cable or manuals will have to look a little more.

From the quick look at the communications before I left work last night it almost appears to be a parallel port.

On this app it displays data from a plc2, a couple are tied into a plc5. With no programming mod to the dl30. There is also a numeric keypad for pararmeter entry and control what is seen on the dl30

The part number turned up absolutly nothing on the web or on a-b's site.

Drewcrew6

Last edited:
Thanks Rsdoran the cable I need is listed in your one link. I missed it the first time I read you're post.

Now if I can just find out if you can upload from the unit. It doesn't look like I can but need to do more searching at work for some manuals.

Drewcrew6

If the DL30 is anything like the other simple canned message displays it's a one-way connection to the unit. You can download to it but it doesn't have a way to respond back with an upload.

WinFTP ???

Drew:

FWIW, I notice that the WinFTP program that comes with PanelBuilder32 has an option for uploading from "Panelview" or "Dataliner". I have no idea if this will work (it's probably designed for DL40s, not dinosaurs like what you've got), and I'm surprised the software you've got doesn't have some sort of transfer ability, but it might be worth a try.

Its been years since I dealt with a Dataliner (DL20) and I totally despised it. I thought it was one way transfer too, kind of a dumb terminal type thing, I cant remember exactly. Probably be easier to reprogram it then try to change an existing.

This unit, by accident, was destroyed when someone (who will remain nameless) drilled a hole in the panel door above the DL20 and the slivers fell into it. The price at that time was close to the price of a Panelview if I remember correctly and didnt do as much. I ended up replacing it with a Magelis unit that to me was excellent for what I needed and easier to work with. The time etc involved with this unit may be better spent looking at something new.

I would agree but not my decision to replace. All I need to do is make a change to about 7 existing units, need to make a variable 3 characters instead of one. The other six machines are either a different type or have a panelview.

I found the manual now if I can figure how to build the cable I'd be set, unless I can find a keyboard for it.

Thanks All
Drewcrew6