Profibus problems

clintb

Hello all,

I am having problems very similar to alex_d, I am trying to setup a profibus DP network that will communicate between one pc loaded with wincc scada software and a siemens CPU314C-2DP plc and also a mentor VSD, I have tried many manuals and seem to have no success but just errors. If anyone has an tricks or good resources they would be very much appreciated.

first u must have the gsd file for the drive u are using

install it in the hardware configuration

click on the object in the hardware configuration and u will have section with parameter assignement

from the vsd manual u will find the pnu for the item u need , write it in front each item

now your hardware configuration is ready

in the program u call the parameter by the cooresponding piw

note , that u might need some conversion and scaling to have the wright reading

i had a document for connection to sipart , i will try to find it and send it to u

finally i was able to attach the files
these are a document by siemens describing the sipart dr linking and a hardware configuration for a project i have already made