S7300+sitop+ups ?

marius

my current project contain CPU315-2DP, and 8x S7 300's unit ... what i need, is to make CPU recording temperatures, while power is cut down... that mean to backup power for AI unit (8 TC) and CPU 315 itself ... (additionally where may be an CP343) ... but i'm not familiar with siemens power sources yet ...

1) i've selected following configuration
+ 6EP1333-1SL11 SITOP POWER 5 STABILIZED 5A
+ 6EP1931-2DC21 SITOP DC UPS MODULE 24 V/6 A, W/O
+ 6EP1935-6ME21 SITOP BATTERY MODULE 24 V/7 AH

(w/o interface ... because i will be happy with this
those three binary signals saying me 'battery run'
and 'charge critical' '> 85% charged' )

2) would this be ok together?

3) does anybody used SITOP DC UPS practically with S7 here ?

4) wouldn't be better to buy on-line UPS (like from APC) and simply connect power source to it?

thanks for any help

I will go for solution no. 4.

I have made a solution as no 4, where the no break / on-line UPS were power supply for PLC and 24Vdc.

Remember that under a power loss you will lose the 24Vdc for the DP nodes and this will give a failure in the CPU. If you have the 24Vdc power supply over the UPS you will have a “live” network under power loss.

well... that would work fo sure... i guess, sitop's are not much in use anyway, if nobody else answers yet :)

I think that the SITOP UPS solution sounds like a good solution, despite never having used it.

Maybe a SITOP DC voltage UPS is a better "industrial" solution than an "office grade" AC voltage UPS. The latter is probably cheaper though.

good 'office' online ups is in fact more expensive ... but finally i've 'found' my electrician today, and he said... that integration of SITOP UPS is better for him due to the safety and normalization reasons... (just imagine the 'central stop' link-up) ...

that makes sense... so i've just made order... and later, if someone is interested... i can post results

How did the SITOP UPS work out? I've been looking for an alternative to the APC UPS that I am using. I wish I could find something with a remote on/off button. Anytime they want to power down the machine they have to open the enclosure. I just don't like people (operators) being in my electrical boxes. APC was making an industrial UPS but it had the same problem. I see now that they are putting Allen Bradly's name on it, but it still has the same on/off switch problem.

Hello, Marius! Is the SITOP UPS good? May be, certainly. But battery has it's life limit. What is easier and (most important) faster - buy and change battery in APC UPS (or buy new UPS) or wait for new Siemens battery delivery? I vote for solution 4.

Back
Top Bottom