unitary, modular and rack-mounted

btecyear2

arhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we need help please help us
what are the characteristics of include unitary, modular and rack-mounted

Unitary PLCs are a single unit.

Modular PLCs take a modular approach.

Rack-Mounted PLCs are rack mounted.

Do you have a book for this course? I would think the book would explain their definition in greater detail.

Has anyone ever ordered a PLC, specifically asking for a unitary unit?

Who created this term?

Just goes to show the separation of the academic world from the real world.

Stephen, you must have read my mind.

For some reason, I opened this thread, when I usually don't, knowing the direction the question on unitary/modular/rack takes, and was thinking the exact same thing exactly what you wrote.

What a disconnect between the real commercial world and academia - as though anyone has ever referred to a unit as 'unitary', outside of that course.

Dan