The No Pre-work Student Issue

Ken M

Hmmm... I wondered why this site gets so many of the "Hey people, I know nothing about PLCs and I need to know everything by tomorrow or I'll fail all my exams so tell me everything I need to know now." type of queries.

So I tried to put myself in the mind of a panic-stricken student who has done no preparation (as opposed to the other kind) and thought "What would I do?". I'd start by Googling "PLCs". And when you do that, this site is the first one listed, with the description -

Your Personal PLC Tutor - Learn PLC Programming Here. FREE [size=-1]The BEST place to Learn PLC Programming... Always FREE of course."[/size]

Let's face it. It kind of hangs out a flag saying ...

"Give me your idle, your poor students, your huddled masses in the bar yearning to graduate, the wretched refuse of your inadequate courses. Send these, the useless, last-minute bluffers, to my site."

Perhaps if we modify the Welcome mat slightly we might get a slightly different type of contributor? You know, perhaps something along the lines of "The BEST place to Discuss/Exchange PLC Programming." Imply that people might have to contribute something as well as receive something?

Regards

Ken

Well put, Ken M.

BTW,

Ken M said:
Let's face it. It kind of hangs out a flag saying ...

"Give me your idle, your poor students, your huddled masses in the bar yearning to graduate, the wretched refuse of your inadequate courses. Send these, the useless, last-minute bluffers, to my site."
you do have a way with the language!