Omron CP1H Cycle Time

scottmurphy

I want to calculate the max scan time of my CP1H. I have a 40EDR & DA041 attached.

My current program size is UM = 7932, FD = 11.

From the manual, (1) Overseeing = 0.7mS, (2) Program Execution = 0.1uS * ? ( is this total steps, or UM & FB together ?) (3) cycle time calculation = 0mS, (4) IO refreshing = 0.39 * 2 + 0.32 * 1, (5) Periphal Servicing = 0.1mS ( with USB connected )

I get 10mS. I only used the UM size in this calc tho, when monitoring, avg is about 7mS, max has been 30 ( this would of taken online edit into account tho ).

Is my calc correct?

When online with CX-Programmer the current cycle time is shown in the lower right hand corner.

I do not have a manual for the CP1H but the plder PLCs used to have a register where the maximum cycle time is stored.

For example, the CJ1 stores maximum cycle time in A262 and A263.

Present cycle time is stored in A264 and A265.

I would imagine the CP1H is the same as it is basically a similar processor but you would need to check.

The information on these registers and the format of the data is in the operation manual for the CJ1 and in the appendix headed "Auxiliary Area".

Hope this helps.

Hi Bob,

I know about the display from CX-P, what I was wanting to do, was calculate the theoretical max scan time. I am monitoring the registers, I think they are the same as you quoted.

Scott

Hi Scott
I think the only way you can do that is by looking at the scan time for each instruction and add them up.

How much time do you have to spare?

I tried once and gave it away.