quickpanel/compactlogix time synch

bradal

I am trying to synch the time of a Quickpanel Jr. and a Compactlogix. The internal system tags of the total control product start with a "~". The RSlogix5000 programming software will not allow this character in the name of the tag. How can I access these tags so that the operators will not have to adjust the time in more than one spot. (The alarms are timestamped by HMI, and the process has triggers that start/stop on time)

If you are using Proficy ME to program the QPjr you can write a script that copies the internal tag that starts with "~" into an internal variable of your choice or write it to a PLC memory location.
If not you can upgrade from QuickDesigner for a nominal fee.
Or, ask AB to change RSlogix.

I dont believe the QP Juniors support tag based addressing(i coul dbe wrong) I think you need to emulate slc/plc data files to accomplish what u want to do