op77b help

aussiesurf

hi there,
this is my first post so i hope it is in the correct area. i am programming a op77b panel for the first time and the instructions that come with the unit are very simple. could someone tell me how to assign a key say "F1" to a bit in the program please. thanks in advance and i hope i can be of help in the future

aussiesurf said:
i am programming a op77b panel for the first time and the instructions that come with the unit are very simple.

I have never used an OP77B, I can't say I have even heard of one

I assume that you are using Protool and have selected the correct operator panel, I will give you a 'generic' answer to your question.

Click the F1 button on the screen, this should bring up the properties diaglogue box, select 'Function', the drop down menu at the top of the box should say 'Press key', from the 'functions' dialogue box, select 'edit bits' then select 'set bit', click add, this brings up another dialogue box where you can assign the button down function to a bit in your program, do this by selecting 'new', this brings up another box where you select the correct address for the bit you want to set. click 'OK', you may want that bit reset when the button is released, this is done in the same fashion as the set bit, select 'release key' from the drop down menu, select 'reset bit' and proceed as before.

I hope that makes sense as I was doing it from memory, I don't have protool on the PC I am on at the moment.

Paul

Last edited:
aussiesurf said:
thankyou. i am using WinCC Flexible. is this still the same process?

I should have guessed that, as the OP77B is not supported in Protool šŸ™ƒ

Sorry, but I don't use WinCC flex, I would imagine that it is not too dissimilar to the Protool process, but I can't give you a difinitive answer on that.

Paul

When you have finnished seting up the panel (either by wizzard or manualy), you should set up the tags you are going to use, either in the S7-projetct (if it is that you are using) or in the tags-screen (under the Communication branch).

When all that is fine it is an easy task to assing a bit to a function key.
- Click on the F1-key, you should see a red rectangle over the F-key
- In the Properies window (is displayed from the menu: View-->Properies), you see the heading "Softkey_F1"
- To the left in that window you have "General" and "Events"
- In the Events branch you have "Press" and "Release", select the desired action (for example "Press")
- In the right-hand portion of the window you have the Funtion list saying <No funtion>.
- Select in the drop-down list the desired action (SetBit, SetBitWhileKeyPressed and so on)
- Here the tag-name come in action. Select the correct tag and you are basicly done.

You can make a new tag in the last selection, but it is best to have them sorted out in forehand. Especially if you are using a S7-project, you can link direcly to the tag i the Symbol-list for the PLC, and have the tag created automaticly.

Later on you can assign a graphical icon to the key (under the general branch), assign a LED tag to the K-keys (in the template) and set authorization.