Help with wiring ML-1000 L32BWA

spyder905

Hey guys,
I am fairly new to plcs but am putting the hours in to remedy that.
Anyways, I recently got my hands on a Micrologix 1000 L32BWA.
I am unsure of how to wire up my outputs so thought I'd see if I could get any help here.
I need to use 24VDC outputs so how do I wire that into the controller? I thought the BWA model uses AC relay outputs but I see VAC/VDC labels over the outputs so I now I am not sure.
So my question is, can i wire my ouputs using VDC or am I out of luck and would need to get a L32BWB????
Thanks

Hello,

They are relay outputs, therefore will switch whatever voltage type you connect to the common. You are ok to use AC or DC (y)

Hope this helps....

Ok thanks a lot guys.
I read through the manual but wasnt 100% sure. I really, really dont want to fry anything.
Sorry, but there are just a few more things I want to clarify before I connect everything and run my program.

1) As on pg 45 of manual, I connected my dc source to the commons of all the outputs. I have left L1 and L2/N empty as Im not using AC. Is this correct??

2) Im using a 24V power supply for my outputs. If I needed 5V outputs could I use a 5V power supply or must be 24V??

Thanks again, stupid questions I know, but just trying to cover any of my doubts so nothing goes wrong

1. Very few questions are stupid. But you said "I have left L1 and L2/N empty as Im not using AC." Since this PLC RUNS on AC power (85-264 VAC as the label shows) exactly what do you expect it to do without power?

2. This is a RELAY output PLC. That means it will attempt to switch any voltage you apply. Virtually all AC or DC references to a relay I have seen are to the coil of the relay. You aren't attaching to the coil, only to the contacts. The output range for the contacts on the BWA shows 0-264 VAC (with 0-5 VAS not recommended) and 0-125VDC (again with 0-5VDC not recommended).

3. Whatever voltage you apply to the commons (labled VAC/VDC) is the voltage which will be switched to the contact(s) to the right up to the next "VAC/VDC". This is an output group. You can use AC on one group and DC on another group (as the diagram shows).