My success with USB to Serial

godfrey

Today I got my USB to Serial converter to work! I connected from my Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop w/Win ME to a Siemens 216 PLC. I was using MicroWIN 32 V3.1 Build 2.22. My converter is a Model UC232A from IOGEAR.
I got a bulletin from Siemens that said I could add an entry in the Windows Registry to create an extended timeout. The default in MicroWIN is 250 milliseconds. I got sucess with a value of 400 HEX which is about 1 second.
This is just in time as my comm port got cooked. The Siemens guy emailed me the Word document explaining what they have tested.

Similar Topics

I'm sure this question has been posted a thousand times on here but for me it was even funnier when I got to ask Rockwell / AB directly. My...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , I'm sure this subject has come up a few times. I know that every manufacture is having a hard time finding good...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , I know this is not a mechanical forum , but have you guys had success with Air Knives. We need to make one really powerful ...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , I am sure everybody is having the same problem across the nation, finding Industrial Maintenace Technians. Have you folks had...
Replies
Views
All Many of you know that I have been a forum member since 2009. I got into Automation as I did electrical work with my grandfather since I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom