Siemens S5 and counter o/p

Jan_Veenstra

Hi all,

I programmed a counter, with on the input a gate with a 1 sec. puls
and a variable frequentie (approx 0-10Hz.) The counter o/p is counting up during this 1 sec.puls (as it should do)
This output is send to DB2 DW0. How do i mannage to read only the result on DW0 instead of see it counting as well?
Thanks in advance.

Jan

Jan_Veenstra said:
This output is send to DB2 DW0. How do i mannage to read only the result on DW0 instead of see it counting as well?

Jan

Can you explain what you mean by this please?

By using the logic:-

C DB2
L C10
T DW0

You are loading the current counter value and transfering it to DB2 DW0, as this is the current value you will see it count up, if you wish to see when the counter has reached a preset value you will have to change your logic to take this into account. you will need to load a preset constant into the counter.
On the CV pin of the counter you will write something like KC 20, this will load a preset value of 20. Then if you wish to turn an output on when C10 reaches 20 the logic would be:-

A C10
= Q0.0

It's been a while since I have used counters in step 5 and am working from memory, sometimes the ol' grey matter ain't what it used to be.

Paul

Paul,
Thanks for your quick replay.
In the program is as you showing, by watching DBN2 DW0 you will see DW0 is counting up, until the input pulses are stopped.
What i need is DW only shows the end reult instead of counting up.
This means, that DW0 keeps the result till the end of the next counting period and is than updated.
I hope this explains where i am looking for.
Thanks in advance for any reaction.

Jan