Micrologix 1000 Project Password

sunilpin

I have a old Micrologix 1000 Controller & it is running now but I need to change some data in the project & programm in the controller is password protected. Is there a way to recover the password, I know how to get beck to Factory default but I will loose all the program & I will have to write it again, but if I can recover the password or get around it, I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

sunilpin said:
I have a old Micrologix 1000 Controller & it is running now but I need to change some data in the project & programm in the controller is password protected. Is there a way to recover the password, I know how to get beck to Factory default but I will loose all the program & I will have to write it again, but if I can recover the password or get around it, I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

Yes I Know that, but it will wipe off the program & then I will have to rewrite the total program. I would like to go around.

Thanks

Have you tried obvious passwords?
My favorite 123456789, or its cousin 0123456789.
Might be worth 5 minutes to try some?
:confused:
Good Luck

From my reading of sunilpin's posts, he created the original program. Who password protected it? If he wrote it in the first place where is the copy? It's not like a program that someone far away and unavailable wrote it. Doesn't he even have a printout of it? At least if he wrote it in the first place he's the one most qualified to re-create it. It's not like working from a faded schematic and a verbal description of the process.

Aren't they just 4 digit numeric passwords? You might have to bite the bullet and hack it the old fashioned way.

No. I have not written this program. It was written by the elctrician who worked erlier at this plant. but as you mentioned I can rewrite. I was trying to avoid the time consuming process, but if worst case I will write it again & it's not going to be long program.

Thanks

Hi:

I've cracked micrologix 1200 password in the past, the procedure is a little long, so I can not send it here. I don't know if it works for micrologix 1000.
Please send me your email and i'll send it to you.

widelto

The guy is in OHIO, for heaven's sake. There's no shortage of Allen-Bradley offices in Ohio.

So, if he wants, he can do this the right way.