Configuring connection between IM308C (SIMATIC S5) and OP270 panel via Profibus DP

tulip

Hello collages,
There is a system which configured S5-155U cpu948 and 6 pieces OP25's and communicated with profibus dp (IM308C).I want to change
this OP25's one by one with a new one OP270's.How can ı configure?
Has anyone out there had any experience with ?...

If you are using Protool, open your project and select "Convert > Start". Pick the OP you want. I would reccomend using the 10" or the largest screen, so there are less screen size errors. The converters work quite well.

RRobbins said:
If you are using Protool, open your project and select "Convert > Start". Pick the OP you want. I would reccomend using the 10" or the largest screen, so there are less screen size errors. The converters work quite well.
I dont understand why you would want to convert from a 6" screen to a 10" screen. In particular bitmaps can become stretched in an ugly way.
Also, the new OP270-10 wont fit into the panel cutout of an OP25.

I don't remember him mentioning the size. But what ever! Try both and look at the Protool to see how it looks. I have had problems with resolution and when I went to a larger screen, it looked better.