Sequence of event in RSView32

Deer

Hi,

I have facing a problem when developing RSView32 that connecting to AB PLC5.
May be somebody in this forum knows how to create a sequence of event (SOE)or something like Discrete event log on the RSView?
Example, if there are fives (5)outputs was energized in the almost same time, I want to know what the output that has triggered first.
Is it important for me, because we want to know when and what the first event that was happend.
Thanks in advanced

You are building a diagnostic "Trap". You really need to do it in the PLC. RSView cannot monitor inputs fast enough through a communication channel to make it reliable.

The following will detect input(s) that change state first:

Clear a 16 bit integer or binary word when required to reset your trap and clear a separate flag bit "input_found":

XIC ??? CLR B9:0, OTU B9:1/0

Then check your inputs...reserve bit 15 as a "inputs_saved" flag.

Add a rung for each input you want to check, but only if the input_saved flag is clear:

XIO B9:0/15"Inputs_Saved"...XIC I:x/n...OTL B9:0/n, (parallel branch) OTL B9:1/0 "Input_Found"

After these rungs, watch the Input_Found flag bit. (B9:1/0 in the example)

XIC B9:1/0"Input_Found"...OTL B9:0/15"Inputs_Saved"

When it is set, the bits corresponding to the input(s) that was/were true during that scan and only that scan will also be set. You can use those conditions to trigger RSView messages.

Note, that this logic will detect a "tie". If more than one input comes on at the same time, both of it's trap bits will be set.

You can use the MEQ and MVM instructions to do this too, but it is less easily understood by the layman.

If you need a timestamped log, that can be done too, but again, for accuracy, it should be done in the PLC5.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: SORRY, I THOUGHT YOU WERE WATCHING INPUTS...THE ABOVE WILL WORK WITH OUTPUT ADDRESSES TOO THOUGH, BUT MAY NOT BE QUITE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR.

Last edited:
Hi Oky,

Interesting...!

Thanks for your tip to trapping an event, and sorry for the delay response, anyway I already make a ladder for "trapping" an event using RSLogix500.

This great worked with well.

BTW, how to use MEQ to implement it if there are two events in the same time? Could you give me an example?

And one more....how to trigger time stamp on the SLC/PLC if there is an event appear?

Really need your advice

Thanks in advanced

Trap.JPG