Symax 400 plc

Hi,

First question is - - do you have programming software? Without it there is no way I'm aware of you can tell. If you do have the software there is an error code on the online/status mode screen once online with the processor. ALso, on the same screen how many rungs does it show your program has?
Another place to look at is register 8176 in data mode, is bit 3 set? That will prevent it from going online. What software package are you using if you have it, I can then point you in other directions.

George

Last edited:
Hello George Graziano,
I do have the Symate Plus software for Symax 400 plc. I can send programs to the plc processor. At first, the message was "overflow error" and then the problem of not being able to switch from "halt" to "run" occured. The "overflow" problem is now cleared up. I am able to go "online" but still unable to set the processor in "run" mode. Perhaps I should check out register 8176 bit 3. If I reset it, does it mean I can switch it to "run" mode?

Once reset, go ahead and try to go to run mode. If it fails, there should be a corresponding error code on the main screen -- what is it?

George

Hello George Graziono,
I have managed to set the plc to "run" mode. However, when I download a simple 1 rung program with input as 5.02(push button switch) and output as 1.02(solenoid valve)the plc does not give any output nor is the input activated when the push button is pressed. The plc has been set to "run" mode. Kindly help! Thank you.

What slot is your input in, and what address (or addresses, even though you only need one) did you assign to it? Same question for the output? What modules are you actually using?

George

The 1st slot in the rack is taken up by the plc, the 2nd slot is taken up by the power supply, the 3rd slot is the output ROM module, the 5th slot is the RIM module. Does that mean the output must be 3.xx and the input must be 5.xx where xx is the bit?

MKLee

The Sy/Max PLC needs to have its I/O points assigned to register using the "rack addressing" screen. Each I/O slot needs an ending register number, slots must be assigned sequentially, all unassigned registers default as internal registers in an M400 processor.

A possible assignment to produce your I/O points would be:
Slot 1 first address -----, ending address -----
Slot 2 first address -----, ending address -----
Slot 3 first address 00001, ending address 00002
Slot 4 first address 00003, ending address 00004
Slot 5 first address 00005, ending address 00005

This would assign I/O points:
1-1 to 1-16 and 2-1 to 2-16 to slot 3
3-1 to 3-16 and 4-1 to 4-16 to slot 4
5-1 to 5-16 to slot 5
all other register would be assigned to the processor as internals

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, I'll try that out and see what happens! Another problem is, I get the message "Unable to communicate" when I try to go on-line although the cable is plugged into the correct port. i.e. the cable connects from the lap-top to Channel 1 on the plc.

I have managed to perform rack addressing as you suggested. Do I need to perform this addressing every time I run ladder programs? I am not able to find any option for saving these settings in ths software.

You can save it by hitting F3 Disk Oper, type in a name and then hit F2 to save. This saves the rungs and the Rack addressing. Then once it is loaded to processor, as long as battery in processor or power supply are good it will keep it in memory.
George

Does this mean that everytime a new ladder program is entered, the rack addressing must be re-entered and saved together with the file although the wiring to the plc is the same?

MKLee