GE Rx7i Ethernet EGD timeout increase

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
EGD timeout issue with a RX7i.

Does anyone have any insight into how to eliminate the
following alarm:

7: Data after refresh timeout. The data has been refreshed since the previous consumption, but was not refreshed within the Consumed Period.

How important is a single occurance of this alarm?

Is there a way to either increase the timeout value,?

Disclaimer:
I am only involved with one system that uses EGD and I have never had any problems with it, so I can't claim any particular expertise.

In the Proficy ME project navigator, under your Rx7i target, you will find component labeled Ethernet Global Data. One of the propeties of each "Consumed Exchange" is an "Update Timeout" parameter.

The help for this parameter says that it "should be at least double the producer's Produced Period value to allow for transient network delays".