Multi turn Gray to binary---Help

pauly

Ok I've posted about a single turn Gray absolute encoder and conversion to boolean and had great help. What about a multi turn encoder, how do you convert that? Do the turns bits need to be converted seperately or would the 24 bits be converted as a whole word? I'm getting desperate now!!!

Don't panic, Don't make it harder than it really is.

pauly said:
Ok I've posted about a single turn Gray absolute encoder and conversion to boolean and had great help. What about a multi turn encoder, how do you convert that?
The same way only there are more bits.

pauly said:
Do the turns bits need to be converted seperately or would the 24 bits be converted as a whole word? I'm getting desperate now!!!
Now think about it. Why would the turns be different from the angle? Then there would be places were two bits would have to change at the transition from one turn to another and that would defeat the purpose of the Gray code where only one bit should change at a time.