RSView Button Hold time

I have an RSView button which runs a command to toggle a bit in a PLC5 data table. Does any one no how to make the toggle condition last for x seconds then return to its former state.

In RSViewSE or ME you can use a NO or NC button and change the state time. If it needs to be pretty precise you are better off doing the hold time in the PLC.

Thanks, it is RSView32 and it is a command button
The command looks like this

#2 = #2 | DEF\BIT_01

#2 is just a 16 bit integer and DEF\BIT_01 is an integer set to equal 2
so the command just or's #2 with DEF\BIT_01 which effectively just turns on Bit 01 in #2. I Would like to make the bit go on when the button is pushed and stay on for x second after it is released, then go off again.

Randy

Randy,

I recommend you do the reset in the PLC. I have seen RSView, Factory Link, and CiTect all fail to reset a momentary bit in the PLC, leaving the bit stuck on.

Thanks, I would have preferred to do in PLC code, unfortunatly the customers standard is to do this function from a DCS, to keep the plc code consistant I need to accomplish this on the HMI side.

Thanks for the reply, yes I would prefer to do the "Hold" function in the PLC logic as well but as I said, customer requirements prevents me from doing this. I did find a solution... using VBA code. To Toggle a bit on, we just "OR" the bit with a one, then call a Wait routine, then after the wait time we just "AND" the bit with a Zero. Do the opposite to toggle a bit off then back to on.IF this proves to be unreliable,we will need to revisit the issue.

Minimal_Subset said:
Thanks, I would have preferred to do in PLC code, unfortunatly the customers standard is to do this function from a DCS, to keep the plc code consistant I need to accomplish this on the HMI side.

Sometimes you just can't save the customers from themselves...

Use a command instead of the toggle action
set the tag to 1
then pause (for x sec)
then set the tag again to 0
I tested and it works
I hope it works for you too

Luis