a little help with PLC programming

dana123

Hello,
I was wondering if I could ask a question about programming....
I am VERY new to writing PLC but not troubleshooting. Anyway, I am trying to learn on a Micrologix 1000, using a PC and RSLogix 500.
I want to write a program to count up binary, on about 5 lights, using as an input a toggle switch.It should be a simple program, but I cannot get past a small problem. When I throw the switch, it keeps counting. I only want 1 pulse with the switch up, so it counts up slowly. I need to like de-bounce the switch, sort of. Any ideas???

Thanks,
Dana

You could use an upcounter instead of a timer, then it will only increment on each positive transistion. CTU instruction I do believe

Maybe if you share with us your current code, we can tell you what is wrong with it....

my attempt

This is what I have so far. I used the CTU, because I could not
get the OSR to work.
It counts up to 8 but I cannot add any more sub rungs the way it is. Is there a limit on sub rungs?

Dana

Hmm... I think I just figured it out...
A-B does have a couple of quirks, and one of them is the way you branch around things in the code. Take a look at THIS post, specifically posts 4, 6, and 9. I think that'll answer your question about rungs.

If not, let me know, and we'll help you out some more.

that works

Thanks Tom,
That works. There is probably a better way to do this,
but it works. ;)
I never would have found that quirk out.
Thanks again.

Dana

Hehe... yes... It's definitely the "brute force" method.

Maybe for your next project you can come up with a "pattern" based method rather than a "memory" based method.

Good job with your first project! And welcome aboard......

tom is right, but it's good to see that somone tries to do the job.

if you look closer at C5:0.ACC (hint switch to binary view) you will see that count is already stored in right format, you just have to pick bits you need...

cnt.gif

that's awesome!!!

Thats what I'm talking about....
I will try this, this evening. This looks WAY to easy.:)
This will really do the same thing????

Dana