Analogs in S5 to S7

gullibui

A S5-135 processor whent out of function and I am replacing it with a S7-400 machine via a IM463-2 communication card. I can address all digital inputs and output and use then accordingly but I have not been able to get any information from the analog inputs. Do you have any suggestions? The plc alway signals an external fault when I try to get information from the addresses in the S5 rack even though they are handled in the same manner as the digital I/Os in the hardware config?

gullibui said:
The plc alway signals an external fault when I try to get information from the addresses in the S5 rack even though they are handled in the same manner as the digital I/Os in the hardware config?
Hi
I have a couple of things for Your check list.
1) Check the dip-switch settings from IM314. The dip-settings depends from Your S5-rack type and they are introduced at "leaflet" which comes within IM314-card!
2) Check that AI-card dip-switch settings match Your HW-configuration S5-addresses and the "lenght" is correct.
3) When You read AI into program, use PEW-command instead of EW.
I have used this kind of configuration several times and I haven't been any problems (yet).

Pete 🍻