When DirectSoft32 will store comments and nicknames?

piscis

Does anyone know when AD will store the ladder logic along with comments and nicknames to the PLC?

This way I don’t have to carry around the original logic, I can just upload it, do the modifications, download it and finish!!

They probably won't. Enough memory to store all that means a more expensive product. You can always do what you say anyway, you just don't have the comments and nicknames to help.

Some suggestions:

Get an inexpensive USB flash drive for each PLC. Keep the most current files on it and store it in the PLC cabinet. Remember to save the updated file to it each time.

Save all the projects you are responsible for on your laptop with appropriate backups to a more permanent location.

Store the projects on a central server with a wired or wireless network so that you can access them.

Hey bernie we store the original copies in a folder on a server and use the Microsoft Briefcase on my laptop linked to the folder. Is there an alternative to Microsoft Briefcase for syncronizing files?

Which do you recommend?

zmanvortex said:
Hey bernie we store the original copies in a folder on a server and use the Microsoft Briefcase on my laptop linked to the folder. Is there an alternative to Microsoft Briefcase for syncronizing files?

Which do you recommend?

I'm not totally sure how this works, if you have to have a specific file server running or if windows just does it. We have network drives and if you right click on the folder you want on the network drive (using file explorer) and choose "make available offline" it will keep a copy of that folder on your computer even if your not on the network. When you reconnect your computer it will resync and when you shut down your computer it will sync the drives.

When your not on the network the synced drive makes it looked like your still connected to the network but your working with a copy of the file from the networked drive.