Control logix to Power Flex 70 using ANACANDA

Hello,
i'm trying to set a serial connection between DF1 port for 5550 and DPI interface(PF70) via 1203-SSS(serial comm adapter).
i've seen in an AB technote it's possible to get some information from the driver
Logic Status/Logic Command (N41:0)
Speed Feedback/Speed Reference LSW (N41:1)

Speed Feedback/Speed Reference MSW (N41:2).
(see this link http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/14CC78E01EBD5FB185256D550051D027?OpenDocument)

i've tried with a MSG instruction,(PLC type read/write )in vain.
i couldn't get any info from the drive.
i've used the same serial comm adapter to connect through my laptop serial port (DriveExplorer) and it's ok.

Does some one knows if this can work?or do i have to use any other adapter?

I don't believe the 1203-SSS is designed for serial (DF-1) communications between a drive and controller.

Is your 5550 connected to another network (ControlNet? DeviceNet? Ethernet? other network).

For the drive to be able to communicate to the controller over one of these networks, you will need a PowerFlex communications card.

For example:
20-COMM-C will let you connect the drive via ControlNet.
20-COMM-E will let you connect the drive via Ethernet.
And so on...

You can find more information about the specific card you need from the Rockwell Automation Literature Library. Use this link and search for "20-COMM"

Rick

This is not the intended use of the 1203-SSS, but it ought to work.

If you post your 1203-SSS configuration (you can get the adapter to list that via Hyperterminal) as well as your Channel 0 configuration and your MSG command configuration, perhaps somebody could point out for you the mis-match that is likely present.

Thanks for the clarification on the potential use of the AnaCANda, Ken.

You learn something new every day (or more frequently than that, in my case!)

Rick

Hello,

thanks a lot for your interest.

1/Serial CH0 configuration:
Mode:system
Baud rate:19200
DATA Bits:8
Parity :none
stop bits:1
control line :no handshake
RTS send Delay:0
RTS off Delay:0

2/CLX Program :see attached file

3/1203-SSS configuration: see attached file(PF70.DOC)

Thanks to all for your support

I was not able to unzip the archive file; feel free to e-mail it to me directly through my profile on the Forum.

So far everything you are doing appears correct, so it must be something small and easy to fix.