Toshiba vfd profibus interface

bill4261

Does anyone know where I can get a profibus interface card for a Toahiba G3 vfd? I thing the part number is IV3-PROFIBUS.

Thanks

bill4261 said:
Does anyone know where I can get a profibus interface card for a Toahiba G3 vfd? I thing the part number is IV3-PROFIBUS.

Thanks

This is the manual for Toshibas existing G3 products; http://www.toshiba.com/ind/product_display.jsp?id1=7&id2=21

As you can see it does not list a Profibus board for the G3 and I am not finding anything to show that one is available. The part number for Modbus is INV3-MODPLUS and for DeviceNet is INV3-Devicenet.

The G7, and other models, offer an ASD board that provides Modbus, Profibus, or Devicenet.

I am more familiar with the G7 then I am the G3 so it may be possible that profibus has been added to that model but I can not find any information to support it.

I found the company(ICC) that made them for Toshiba on the net. The INV3-PROFIBUSDP interface cards are obsolete. They did forward my email to Toshiba. Toshiba emailed me with the good news/bad news. You can get them but it's going to cost an arm and a leg. I have only dealt with Toshiba a few times, and I have to say they are very quick to respond.

Thanks for you help!

I like Toshiba in general, as I mentioned I have dealt with many G7 drives. IF the cost is going to be real high then you may want to look at the G7 with the optional ASD board for profibus. I did a job a couple years ago with several machines involved and the PE used the G7 on Devicenet. I had a few issues, like wrong comm board orginally installed on the drive, but Toshiba quickly remedied that problem. These systems were using Horner PLCs with Devicenet, it was fairly simple to work with overall.