Pv600-rslinx

FLY

Hi, I want to communicate a PV600(2711-B6C3) with my PC via DH-485. i connected PV via AIC to KTX interface card but rslinx can't see neither AIC nor PV, If some one can tell me what's the problem, or any other way to connect, thanks

|PV-600|-->Cable:1747-C11-->|AIC|-->Cable:Belden#9842-->|KTX(CH1A)|

Not sure about the 1747-C11 cable but isn't the KTX CH1A for DH+ or RIO
and CH1C is for DH485

Last edited:
Help!!

Ok Sorry my mistake
|PV-600|-->Cable:1747-C11-->|AIC|-->Cable:Belden#9842-->|KTX(CH1C)|
,but i connected KTX CH1C port for DH-485 but still can't see PV or AIC on RSlinx, and i checked my configuration it's
RSLINX
node: 00
max nodes: 31
divice:KTX(D)
19200 baudios
DH-485
no interrupt
D000

The config of the PV-600 it's
node: 3
Baudios: 19200
Max nodes: 31.
Also i tried with one PIC but i have the same problem i can't see the PV.

Mickey may have hit the nail on the head; if you don't have a controller like a SLC5/03 connected to the network, and you don't have external 24 vdc power wired to the AIC, you won't see anything. Do you have power on your AIC?

Power Supply

Of course i have 24 VDC power supply connected to AIC. If anyone have another way to connect PV-600.
thanks

Passive CPU

Hey Mr. Fly, the PanelView needs an active CPU like a 5/02 or 5/03 connected on the network to communicate with the PC.

You will need to do:

5/03 >> PV DH485 Port
The other PV DH485 Port >> AIC >> KTX

Doing this, the system will communicate and work!

Maybe you can communicate with the PV using a serial cable! You connect the DB9 from the PV to the Computer´s serial port. And remember, this serial cable is special... the conductor´s are:

DB9 > DB9
1 > 1
2 > 2
3 > 3
4 > 4
8 > 8
9 open on both parts!

Best regards,
Thiago

OK I am a little confused on some of this connection aspect.

First off if you use an AIC then each device (node) needs an AIC. Example:
AIC1.jpg

Reference to manual: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1747-um009_-en-p.pdf

If just wanting to connect to the Panelview and you have the KTX card you should be able to make a direct connection. Reference the KTX manual: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1784-um522_-en-p.pdf

You also may want to look at the PV manual a little closer: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711-um014_-en-p.pdf

That might work but I think the middle connector is for peripherals and the bottom connector is for processors. I know the manual states that each node requires an AIC but the other example shown does show a DTAM being used on the peripeheral connector.

Personally I think Ken or some others may answer this better because I am not sure of the specifics for the PV, some have a DH485 programming port, which can use just the PIC and may not need to do anything but use the transfer utility if wanting to download a program. They may also have a DH485 communications port and a printer port, I know that model will have a DH485 and printer port but have not determined if it may also have the DH485 programming port.

I personally have never used an AIC so there are points I am not sure of. The manual I referenced specifically stated an AIC would be needed for each node. The Panelview manual examples also show an AIC for each Panelview and/or SLC connected to the system.

My suggestion is if you are developing a network then connect all that needs to be connected i.e. SLC/PLC, Panelview, and PC then try it. If just trying to download a program use the PIC and connect direct.

Maybe Ken or someone more proficient with AB can step in and clarify the details.

I am sure about the DH485 network... You have to connect any active CPU on the network... The SLC doesn´t need to have a program and to stay in run mode... it needs to be connected on the network for the panelview to use its processor...
You have to plug the PV, the SLC and the KTX or a PIC on the AIC in order to see the panelview in the RSLinx.

That is not exactly correct, as mentioned before you can connect the PV to a "powered" AIC and connect to it using the PIC and it should be seen in RSWho; http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/694604C58E668FD185256AFB0058F88A?OpenDocument

I also know that in some cases you can use a PIC and do a direct download to a Panelview;
http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/2284ED11E305FBE885256DDA00603590?OpenDocument

I am not sure what the posters intent was nor how he had the setup configured so offered suggestions. I do agree that in general since it will be a DH485 network to go ahead and connect the plc involved with the other devices. The manual(s) state using an AIC for each node which confuses me to a point and I was hoping one of our resident AB experts would offer more details. I know it has been mentioned before that more than one AIC is necessary in some cases.

I suspect now that it was probably an issue with wrong driver being used by RSLinx and/or some minor combo of errors pertaining to software more than physical connection.