Connecting software redundant system to an op

The only way that I have found is through a Y-Link. You lose the redundancy and it is quite expensive.

I am not sure what effect profinet will have on this though.. you would think that an ethernet enabled OP would be available and that the switch over between processors would be seemless.

Good Luck, post if you find a different way to do it.

hi Hydro power guy

y link should be used to connect a slave to a redundant bus
the op is generally a master

i was able to make the connection using the redundancy status byte but i does not work proprly if one of the cpu is in stop mode

Similar Topics

Hi, I am trying to get familiar with Allen Bradley PowerFlex drives. I have the latest version of CCW (v12) installed. I just bought a drive from...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Schneider lists this as necessary to connect to the drive and I'm curious if an everyday converter from Staples would work. I read...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys! I have two S7-300 PLCs which are redundant using Siemens Software Redundancy and I need to monitor the data of those PLCs in one HMI...
Replies
Views
I can get my S7 software to talk to the PLC and can change variable values and such when I use the MPI cable. When I switch to industrial...
Replies
Views
Good Day to all of you, this is my first post, i will try to explain as best as possible, english is not my natural language. I am performing an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom