Rockwell CLX >< SCADA communication problem

obsen

Hej
Suddenly my communication between my SCADA and my 2 CLX is not working properly.
I use RSLinx gateway for the communication, but suddenly (after working fine for 1½ years) some of my OPC groups are not updated anymore (10 out of 28). I can see in RSLinx, that data is requested, but nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Yours

Ulrik Obsen
NHL-Automation
Denmark

In RSLinx, for each DH+ station in the "RSWho" browse, you should be able to right-click and select "Station Diagnostics".

These diagnostic counters may include information about the nodes that RSLinx is connecting to.

Can you use RSLinx for any other functions involving these controllers on the DH+ network ?

Thanks Ken

Should have described the situation bit more:

I use Ethernet to communicate with the 2 CLX.
I can go online on the PLC's with my Logix5k, no problem.

I have checked various statistiscs and the only spot, where I can find something is in the OPC group diagnostics:

The groups that are not updated in my SCADA has a large number of Subscription packets and a large number of Updates before sent.

Can anybody make something of that?

Thanks

Ulrik Obsen

You did not mention what SCADA you are using, I guess is RSview32 or Rsview SE or Rsview ME, if the case is the first one check your topics on the rslinx classic they are probably corrupt, and your scada look thru them.

If rsview se or me then check device shotcuts on rslinx enterprise and verify they are pointing to the right side.

widelto

Im not using RSView, im using IGSS (Danish developed SCADA).

I have found the problem. The OPC server in RSLinx has sent some data to SCADA timestamped May 20th. The SCADA system does a verification of the timestamp, and since something is clearly wrong, data is discharged.

Why RSLinx has timestamped wrong I dont know. The Clock in the CLX is correct.

I have turned of varification af the timestamp, and now things seem to work.