PID loop

dimented

I am a complete beginner when it comes to PID loops. After many years of programming I have some how avoided them. Well now I have a couple I need to do and although they are very simple they are throwing me for a loop.

I have a VFD drive that is controlling a valve. The more material needed to go through the valve the faster the speed, the less the slower the speed. Hoprfully giving me a very precise amount of material going through the valve. How do I set up this PID loop in an enhanced PLC 5? I have the PID loop but am becoming a little lost from there. The way I see it I have three parts to this. The amount of material needed, the amount of material currently through the valve, and the speed in which the valve will run. I am not seeing a place for all of this data in the PID loop unless I am missing something. Could somebody please give me a hand setting up this loop?

Thanks in advance!