read/write problem

mike59

Hi Guys, this is my first posting hope someone can help. Our programmer has left and I have little knowledge of programming however slowly but surely. My problem is; I read a program to my laptop and cleared the plc memory and then proceeded to write back to the controller. I was prevented doing this by a dialogue box informing me that a faulty command existed check main prog. I did this and the check revealed double coil errors. This was however from a program that had previously been running well for over 12 months before somehow freezing up. I thought by uploading and downloading the gliche would have gone, now I can't even download! The plc is a FX1N I'm attempting to use developer version 5 software.

Any thoughts please

Mike

I don't know about your PLC, but just a stab in the dark would be that at some point someone made changes while online to the PLC. Perhaps these changes were not compiled or finalized in the PLC, but when you uploaded they got finalized. Remember, this is just a complete stab in the dark. If the PLC was fine at the very moment you uploaded, it would be very odd. Perhaps your software is corrupt also, just another stab in the dark. The main thing is that hopefully you corrected the errors, downloaded again, and learned a little bit in the process.

Russ

I also know nothing about your specific plc.... But I have had working programs in other systems refuse to be re-downloaded.

In my case, I was using an updated version of the software to program with. The previous version didn't recognize the errors, but the latest version did.

Thanks guys,

The program operates through a HMI panel and had come to a point where a batch count had to be reset but wouldn't accept any inputs to the reset button. We changed panels but still the fault was present, we even changed encoder on the machine, still no change. Thats when I carried out the upload hoping it would unlock itself on the download. Tom you made an interesting point I uploaded to version 5 of GX Developer and the original program was compiled in a later version I not sure if that would have made a difference does anyone out there have experience in this software? I ran a program check which revealed a host of double coil entries! however this program has been running successfuly for over 12 months it just keeps telling me to check main program because of a command error, so I'm kind of in the dark you may say

Mike

I am working with GX Developer, Version 8.12N, but maybe this will work for you.

On the menu bar, click Tools/Options. Look for a checkbox labelled "Check for double coils during write". Make sure it is not checked.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Tom you made an interesting point I uploaded to version 5 of GX Developer and the original program was compiled in a later version
I haven't worked with mitsi in a while, but with most other brands, I am pretty sure that if there is a version compatibility issue, ( ie the processor version is more recent than the application version ) you cannot upload to begin with.

Can you view the code ok from GX developer?

Hi Steve,
Yes I could view the code when read from the plc, it was just that trying to download same program resulted in the error box popping up halting any further progress. However since then and due to inexperience with the GX software I have deleted the program along with its errors so will never know now, which is annoying as I'm sure it would have accelerated my learning curve.

Mike

ello
There is a"S5100U CPU102"and an"OP7" that we have problem in their communication,we have used"FB51"whitch has been in"S5TD02ST.S5D"file as
you have mentioned in one of your answers,and"DB51"with 256 word and have initiated DW40 of DB1 with KF+1 in OB21 and OB22, and we have assigned DB51 to"INTERFACE AREA"of OP7 in Protool configuration software,but unfortunately we have encountered with the message"NO PLC PRESENTS"Message on OP7.Of course it's necessary to mention that the connection cable has been assembled as in"AS511 e.pdf,as you have mentioned too.Could you guide us in this problem?

Best Regards Ali-Mohammadi