parameter files with RSView32

pssriram16

hi . my question is about the parameter file option in RSView32 works. I have a parameter file that has to be associated with a graphic display file. An example for the contents of the parameter file:

#0 = name
#1 = age

So if I use a string display on RSView graphic display screen and and use the above tag place holder then it should display the corresponding tag right?? If I use #0 then the string should display 'name' right? I tried doing it by using the instruction

Display <graphi file> /p <parameter file>

from the command line but there is no display of the string. Can anyone help. Is there any other way to use the parameter file?

It should, do you have a default value in the tag? Or is there a value?

Also, you need to use the entire path to the tag, either in the substitution, or as part of it.

Valid Parameter Substitutions:

(On Display) - String Display, String tag: "TagFolder\#1"
(In Param File) #1=Tagname
Expands to "TagFolder\Tagname"

or

(On Display) - String Display, String tag: "#2\TagName"
(In Param File) #1=FolderName\SubFolderName
Expands to "FolderName\SubFolderName\Tagname"

rdrast said:
It should, do you have a default value in the tag? Or is there a value?

Also, you need to use the entire path to the tag, either in the substitution, or as part of it.

Valid Parameter Substitutions:

(On Display) - String Display, String tag: "TagFolder\#1"
(In Param File) #1=Tagname
Expands to "TagFolder\Tagname"

or

(On Display) - String Display, String tag: "#2\TagName"
(In Param File) #1=FolderName\SubFolderName
Expands to "FolderName\SubFolderName\Tagname"

Do you know if you can replace the tagname in the parameter file with a variable e.g In Param File #1=Program[Program_ Number_Tag] so if you call a display and the current value in Program_Number_Tag is 1 it will make open display with #1=Program1 as parameter or if current value in Program_Number_Tag is 2 it will make open display with #1=Program2 as parameter.

BTW have tried Brackets [Program_ Number_Tag} as above and also "Program_ Number_Tag" or just Program_ Number_Tag in parameter file but no joy.

To the above post... No.
You can, however, make a parameter file for each program you want (whatever that might be).
If you are trying to use a tag as exampled above, you'd do the following:

(On Display) - String Display, String Tag: "Program#1"
(In Param File P1) - #1=1
Expands to "Program1"

On another display (say, for 'Program3'
(On Display) - String Display, String Tag: "Program#1"
(In Param File P3) - #1=3
Expands to "Program3"

In all cases, the "#<nnn>", where <nnn> is an integer index, is directly replaced by the substitution in the parameter file.