EZ Text and RSLogix 500

rsteinhart

I have no idea what I am doing. I have an EZ Text display. I want to write some messages. Do I use the MSG function in RSLogix, or does the Display some how query the PLC. If I use RSLogix, what is the target device data table address?
Does anyone have a sample program I can check out?
Can anyone offer help with the MSG function?

Thanks

Ray

The EZText is a serial device, and doesn't require you to use the MSG block.

Connect the EZText to the serial port, configure the proper drivers & registers that you wish to write to, and viola.

If you need more instruction, try reading the EZText instruction manual, then ask what you don't understand.

Similar Topics

Hello, I please need your help why I cannot get the return parameter from the RET instruction to go into the return parameter in the JSR return...
Replies
Views
IF Local:1:O.Data.0 THEN Local:1:O.Data.4:= 1; END_IF; for some reason I cant get the output (data.4) to turn on..... do I need to enable...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm working on a project in structured text in RSLogix 5k. When I verify my program it shows the errors and warnings in the buttom of my...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently working on a C# software tool that needs to compile RSLogix 5000 structure text (ST) language (IEC61131-3 + additional...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Please how can i edit a structured text program in rslogix 5000. Thanks
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom